View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
jobleau
Tiny Dick Ultimate User

bmet is right about the man mind. If it's fixed on something, it's pretty hard to get it out of his head and that gets even worse if the matter has potential threat. Financial problems sure qualify as a threat in my book.

In my case, booze would help relieve some of the stress. It may not work for all though. And this is very temporary. In the long term, you need to fix the origin of the stress.

I don't know where you are but here there are tools and services available for such a situation. I'm guessing there must be some around you as well. If you have not already, you should have a look into them.

There are 2 basic common thing to fix every financial issue:
- Make a budget and follow it. Don't forget to keep a small margin for your gratification. You'll need some in a dry situation.
- Consolidate your debt so you have only one creditor. This way it becomes a lot easier to focus on your goal and that reduces stress.

If you have some valuable assets that you can part with, do it and make sure you use the money to clear part of the debt. If you use it for something else, you'll have regrets which will add to the stress.

Getting out of a financial problem is not easy and often take a significant amount of time. I know because it happened to me. But it can be done. Making a plan, following it and seeing results will relieve some stress and help you get thru it. I was alone back then and it was not easy. Hopefully, being a couple it might be easier if you both work at it.

Hope you will resolve the situation. Good luck.
jobleau is offline   Reply With Quote