View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
hoverfly
Tiny Dick Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydick4u View Post
I don't have access to the core forum software to make changes and updates.When it comes to these issues I have to pass it along to ricemaster.I hope he can get the help to keep these problems taken care of.If not,we may loose the forum.
OK. Though that being said, running a forum is an effort and takes a fair bit of time, especially if you don't have that much experience doing it (not referring to you tiny).

Updates, yes, quite important, especially if there are actual functional issues but then, they do require paying for. LOL

I am not sure I understand the 'lose the forum' sentence. As far as those charater issues are concerned, I did post a workaround, maybe a bit of a pain but at least the way members don't have their post cut off. Rest asured, it takes more then a few software glitches to make me abandon a forum outright.

Unfortunately, I am unable to offer any theoretical help for the VBulletin software as we are using IP.Board where at least I could give a short list of instructions to follow sorting certain issues out but it is unlikely to be anywhere near the same structure as what I have experience off, also, if ricemaster was up to scratch on his software, he might feel I am being a little intrusive, admins can be a funny lot and I should know, I am one of them. LOL.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop anyway, tiny. Much appreciated and I think you are doing a very good job here.

H
hoverfly is offline   Reply With Quote