View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
MarkBld
Tiny Dick Intermediate

You're fortunate, Hoverfly, to have ready access to a host of British programs. "TV," per se, I've been done with for over four years. However, I do buy DVD's of my favorite shows/movies/etc - expensive, but time saving in that I get to watch what I want, when I want, and, best of all, without commercials. I'm what you might call a purist in that every part of a show or movie, from first to last, deserves to be seen - even the credits at the end. After all, without all these people no one's ever heard of, there would be no show. Yet (at least in the US) every single show gets the credits rolled over by some stupid commercial - usually for the show that's coming up next.

Looking over my library of DVD's, by far and away the largest share are British. In addition to the Nature documentaries and the Classics, and of course Dr Who and the show sadly cut short, The Sarah Jane Adventures, I absolutely adore Red Dwarf. I haven't tried any other British sit-coms because most American sit-coms totally turn me off - but since I love sci-fi, I decided to give Red Dwarf a try: best decision I ever made.

And my all time favorite movie is, of course, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not the best movie ever made, but I love it.
MarkBld is offline   Reply With Quote