View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
MarkBld
Tiny Dick Intermediate

Hoverfly, thank you for your response. I don't know which "Sherlock" it is because BBC trailers never tell you who the stars are. Your notes on surrealmoviez (I don't know if I spelled it as you did: I hate the way you can't see what you're replying to here so as to edit as you go). I do love anything surreal - especially where it clearly doesn't belong. I've seen a couple zombie movies that had what I would consider surreal aspects to them.

Also I love anything dark, brooding and foreboding. I consider "Torchwood" to be one of the premier shows in that vein, as well as another sci-fi called "Starhunter." I agree with your assessment that Christopher Eccleston from "Series One" of Dr Who was better than David Tennant. I like both - and absolutely adore Matt Smith; but of the three I think Eccleston is best as Dr Who.

And, of course, this being 2012, I'm always on the lookout for material related to the whole Nostradamus/Mayan Prophecy/End of World syndrome. I'm not a doomsayer; but neither do I watch these oddball things merely to scoff at them. I find them intriguing - but their debunkers almost too condescending to bear. Are these types of things at all popular in the UK? Or are they pretty much American grown?
MarkBld is offline   Reply With Quote