View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #39
MarkBld
Tiny Dick Intermediate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverfly View Post
Neither heard, nor seen it, but if you would like to have a peek before spending your money on the DVD's I can PM you some download links and if your DVD player can play back DivX videos you can either burn it to a cheap CD or DVD or if your machine has a USB port, you could even just copy it on a stick and watch it first. Just had a quick look at only one forum that I use and both seasons are posted a total of 226 times. No shortage of links there then. Just let me know.
Thanks, but I'll hold off awhile longer. In the meantime, we haven't really touched on "the classics" in this thread. Since Thomas Hardy is my favorite author, I'm collecting dvd's based on his works. Though my favorite book of his is "Return of the Native,"; so far my favorite film has been "The Mayor of Casterbridge" starring Ciaran Hinds. I mention this because I consider Hinds' portrayal of Michael Henchard to be the greatest work by an actor I've ever seen - even greater than Michael Hordern's "King Lear" (I don't really care for Laurance Olivier's "King Lear"). I can't wait to watch "Jude the Obscure" - but it's four and a half hours, which means I can't watch it in one sitting.

Anyway, anyone else into "the classics"?
MarkBld is offline   Reply With Quote