View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #43
MarkBld
Tiny Dick Intermediate

I started to ask where you were able to find Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" but, lo and behold, it's available on Amazon. It may be available for free elsewhere, but I'm afraid I'm a bit selfish when it comes to movies or tv shows: if I don't like it, I don't want it, even for free; if I do like it, I want it for my own - I don't want to rent it or even download it (and, to me, downloading a movie or show is not really owning it).

I'll check out some of the links you give - especially "Ptomkin." I have the Vincent Price version of "I Am Legend." I tried once to watch "Citizen Kane," but could only make through the first half hour or so; but I'm determined to try it again.

Sometimes what you see as a kid should be kept in a special little brain box labeled "Do Not Open As An Adult." Case in point, I had seen - on tv mind you! - the great French comic Jacques Tati's "Mr. Hulot's Holiday" - and absolutely roared with laughter. Years later I rented it and boy was I disappointed - I expected way too much and didn't allow for the difference between a kid's and an adult's sense of humor. I still liked the film; but the parts I found hilarious as a kid did nothing for me while some of the gags I missed then were quite wonderful. I guess I should just be grateful my taste actually did grow a bit in x-many years!
MarkBld is offline   Reply With Quote