View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #47
MarkBld
Tiny Dick Intermediate

I think everyone but you and I have abandoned this particular thread, which is unfortunate because there is quite a range to this topic. Although since I dropped cable four years ago I only discover new TV shows once they're recommended to me. I did some research on "Breaking Bad" and I doubt if it would be for me either. For one thing, I don't particularly care for Brian Cranston; and the premise of the show seems extremely limiting. It's kind of like the old "The Fugitive": how much mileage can you get out of looking for a one-arm man? But I think "Reality TV" has finished the job of poisoning mainstream American TV that was started in the late 80's when every made-for-TV movie just had to be based on a real-life incident. If I want a real-life incident, I'll tune in the nightly news. LOL. I prefer fantasy, primarily because it allows a much greater scope for creative development.

I've got a number of dvd's I've just got to get to; e.g., "Pan's Labyrinth" and a number of movies along that line. Essentially, I despise "happy" movies; wearing rose-colored glasses is even more nerve wracking than those God-awful 3-D glasses! Give me a dark, forboding movie with a tragic ending any day.
MarkBld is offline   Reply With Quote