View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #12
jobleau
Tiny Dick Ultimate User

Nice post tinyoneman. I think you're quite right about exercising and training. And it's a good thing it helped you focus on more important things. Just wish I could manage to get more of it. I know what others will say, just do it. But it ain't that easy in some situations.

Being a fighter is nice. But being a survivor is even better. If you can be both, even better! Despite my physical shortcomings I'm one of them. Since a long time, I've always been prepared and constantly improved that preparedness over time to be ready to any eventuality to care for, protect and defend myself, family and friends.

For example, in 1998, we had a great ice storm where I live. It took out electrical supply for most people, up to 5 weeks for some. Roads were blocked, communications hampered, etc. In my case it was 2 weeks. But in a couple of days most supplies like food or anything you can get in stores were getting scarce because of the blocked roads and most houses were getting very cold because the most common source for heat here is electricity.

While most people ended up in emergency shelters, I was able to stay home because I had planned for survival. I had food, water, heat (wood stove with lots of wood), light in various forms (candle, oil lamps, flashlights, etc), various means of cooking food or heating water (wood stove, camp stove, fondue stove, etc). I was even able to help some friends over that were not prepared for such an event.

As well, in case there would be some need to defend myself I also was ready for that. I'm just happy it did not happen.

Basically, what I mean to say here is be prepared for any eventuality. Don't count on others or the state. Worst comes, you're gonna be on yourself. Appraise that and work towards being prepared to anything that might happen. It's pretty much like your own personal "disaster recovery plan" to survive anything that could happen.
jobleau is offline   Reply With Quote